Tuesday 12 May 2015

May 12,2015.....court day? (blog 103)

Yesterday I was informed that the judge was sick the following week and he wasn't able to deliver his verdict today. The problem as I previously wrote about is that he had 3 months to decide that verdict. So why wait until the last week if  he had 3 months? If he knew he was ill for the last week ,why wait until the morning before court to tell us. HMMMM....

At any rate, the man was in court today and true to form I didn't need to attend but the government's layer and my lawyer had to meet at the same place and time in front of him to "reschedule". The problem is one of my supporters attended and enquired and was told in no uncertain terms that she didn't need to be there and additionally my lawyer and the crown and Judge appear to have met somewhere else.
In the end the case was put off until June 15,2015 at 9;00 am and yet they won't say the courtroom number until the morning of. Sound a little odd to you? Scares the hell out of me. It would appear that one of my avid readers just might be those in the Government , court system , whatnot.
A reader brought up a very good point
"sick" is sometimes used as an excuse.This is also sometimes true if a defendant has asked supporters to be in court, and the judge doesn't want them there. Reschedule a few times and they stop showing up."


I Do feel that this individual may be on to something. Until June 15, 2015 I will keep the positive side and work as always, law abiding, good spirited and talk to my Psychiatrist that helps me with the PTSD, He additionally feels that this is all a farce and can't believe the 'system' is doing such things to a person's life.


Until then, thank you for your support and well wishes. I am very sorry to those that rearranged their lives to attend only to be disappointed as I was. I hope you will remain and I'll see you at 9:00 am June 15,2015. Edmonton Alberta courthouse as suggested to me by my attorney " we don't know what courtroom so check the Kiosc for my last name".:))


It would appear that 3 months wasn't enough to deliberate guilt or innocence, 4 is needed. You know, I can't say I have ever even heard of a Murder trial verdict lasting a week let alone 4 months.Considering I am charged with summary charges and not indictable , one can only wonder. The difference between summary and indictable in Canada is the seriousness of them, indictable covers everything from murder,rape, assault...anything violent and summary is the opposite end of the scope, way opposite, say like driving without a license, drunk and disorderly, simple theft,fraud. Any crime is serious but even they have levels of seriousness. 4 months is a little long to deliberate in a judge alone case and to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me one bit that they will finish in secret that which they started in secret. There are times when I wonder if I should have kept my mouth closed and not spoken out about all of this.....


Often it's not popular to do the right thing but it's the right thing to do. Wish more people would speak up.


I remain.
TORTURED.